sponsorwarsponsorsign upsponsorrostersponsoraboutsponsorfaqsponsorSEF TVsponsor SiteLock

News:

03.24.24: NEW Evolution and WAR cards, Click Here for More

Main Menu
universalix titlewomens evolutionus tag teamUnderground Titleinternationalfranchise title
sew womensicon6 star tag teamtv titlethc titlextreme titleworld tag team titlesustitan title
sewwar titlewar womenswar tv titlewar womens tvwar tag teamworldwomens tag team24/7

New SEF Magazine Published

Started by Taylor Andrews, February 19, 2013, 10:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor Andrews

For anyone wanting a good read about the old MSN Network's Rise & Fall as well some interesting thoughts on Wrestle X and Viper's dominance! We also have some smoking hot photos and a bit of news from the rumor mill, all in this years SEF Magazine.

Editor/Writer: Viper
Writers: Nick Miller & Greg Boone
Photographer: Tom Walker

Daddy Mack

True Dominance or Too Dominant?

Is the most Dominant Player in this business too dominant to run SEF? Viper has always been a standard bearer to compare yourself to, to measure just how good you are. He has proven that time and time again, but most evident of all was his two year run as a bearded badass named Norm. Initially Viper was posing as Shane Mack to try and save SEF from Fate and took it so far he took on a different persona almost thus the reason he dubbed himself "the Norm of the business, the standard bearer for all to live by". While he may have saved SEF from Fate, what fate exactly will Viper suffer? Is he indeed too dominant for SEF?

Viper stole the identity of his best friend, though with permission when Mack told him to "do what he had to do". Viper did it and even wrote off several of the roster as robots, though the guy really did have robots to stand in during matches. How he pulled it off is just a testament to the genius of the man?! Fate once wrote several people off as having died in a bus accident, so what is the next step for Viper before he goes even further!?

He's had a hell of a run in SEF earning himself many accolades, much respect, and a hall of fame spot. He is a man of seclusion and mystery, his dark past not really known, just facts. Like his mother and father murdered in front of his very own eyes and escaping his home to watch it burn to the ground. Trying to survive on the street and meeting Fate who fathered him, mentored him, cultivated him into the man he is today! And that may be the problem.

Viper has studied under Fate, learned from him, and watched his mentor try to run SEF into the ground. Viper wants to save SEF, but has gone so far that perhaps he wants to control the company too much!? He has a vendetta against Shane Mack to try and keep The Showsteala out of the World Title picture. Will it be Mack who saves SEF from Viper? That may be our only hope, unless Whitney Marret can do so, but would she go against Viper!?

Viper and Mack have their third encounter at Wrestle X this year as they are one for one at the grandest event of all time. Will this settle things between the two larger than life rivals or will it only be the start of something new? Viper can be obsessed at times, driving himself to control every little thing about those around him, especially SEF. He is the Dominant Player who controls the game, but how much is too much!? Is True Dominance what is right for SEF or is it time for a change?

Daddy Mack

Wrestle X : 8 Years in the Making

The year it all began! Though we had been using WrestleMania as our granddaddy show in the beginning of SEF, but SummerSlam would end up being our biggest event of the year. In '06 it was time to make a change, to stand out, to stand above the rest and that is when Wrestle X was born. A press conference was held for the grand event a week before it was set to happen and it went off great, though chaotic as you can imagine. The headliners, Matt Matlock and Shane Mack sat down to answer questions leading up to their Prison Yard rematch from two years prior and The Dudley Boyz all had a hand in the granddaddy event. Spike would upset a near seven footer in rookie Dean Estinhouse while Bubba Ray took out his brother D-Von in a glass tables match. It was Impact X who tried to steal the show and one of the members, Michael McMoney, had a very interesting Ladder match. He and Blaze Inferno seemed to have a love connection professing love for each while beating eaching on and off the ladder. McMoney prevailing helped IX stand tall on this historic night and with Shane Mack at the forefront they stood out big time. Mack retaining the World Title in a hellacious Prison Yard only to get ramsacked by a returning Resurrector who was at the time claiming to have been Viper!?! All in all the first Wrestle X was a very good show and as obvious by it being the first of eight and still being used, it was a success. Hopefully we make it to number ten, Wrestle X X!?!?!

Just as big, but a whole new direction! This year we saw what was at the time a huge rivalry developing between Neo Monoxide and Xanthus with Corez in the mix on this night. It was for the Hardcore Title and much more when they tore each apart to open Wrestle X. This event would mark the debut of Trent Flash who would go on to have a good run as the "Real Worlds Champion"! The Snake Pit match pitting SEF's Queen Julie against the Dominant Female Whitney Marret for the Women's Title was perhaps as much of a showsteala as Mack versus McMoney in Hardcore Hell!?! Both matches saw back and forth action, close calls and near falls and the main event was still to come. Black Bob and Viper both won the SEF Rumble this year when the title was to be awarded to the winner. The title held up until Wrestle X where a gangsta and a thug would battle on the biggest stage for the biggest prize! Before that could happen Nick Torres would unify the I-con and I-ron Titles for the first time and get attacked by Justin Rodgers who made his first appearance at WX. We would see three deserving men "inducted into the hall of fame"! An honor handed out, but never officially recognized due to the Owner not being the actual Owner, just a ruse. Viper and Black Bob fighting their hearts out was no ruse however, it was the main event and it was on. They finished what they began in the SEF Rumble, well, maybe not finished, but a champion was crowned. Their war was just beginning in SEF as Viper and Bob would become bitter rivals leading to a Prison Yard match and much more!

Mack and McMoney would have a rematch that opened the show and the I-con Title was on the line this time. The two friends turned rivals had been in a bit of a feud leading up to this big showstealing match which would set the stage for the third installation of Wrestle X! Mack and McMoney put on a classic match for sure with Da Gangstas defending their Tag straps successfully against a young up and coming West Coast Connection! Thor battled Jordan Brooks for the King of SEF Title in a brutal last man standing match. Thor sailing through the ropes at one point and crashed into our announce table. That was a scary sight seeing that big monster barreling your way with little time to dive away. It was an awesome experience though and worth getting scared out of my shoes! The fatal four way for the I-ron Title was an amazing performance by four talented men. The Prison Yard that year between Destruction and The Machines was simply phenomanel despite its tragic ending. I still have nightmares about that fall Harry took, it was devestating and to this day I don't know what to say, other than rest in peace Harry! Ares had a few words to say trying to reassure everyone and hype them back up and he did quite well in that, especially once he hit the ring and put the boots to Hal Havoc. Not the biggest main event, but a great show overall, then with Mack opening instead of main eventing, it did pretty well.

The first time Shane Mack and Viper ever locked up at Wrestle X! And leading into this grand event, Mack and Viper were best buddies, stablemates in IX, but Fate forced them to face each other with the stipulation that the winner retired. To this day I don't think Mack pulled the trigger like he has in other matches, not to say he didn't steal the show. Though the opening had quite a unique stip to it with not only the i-ron Title on the line, but the Tag Titles as well when it was the battle of the Nick's! Cherry Demented made her first appearance giving Angel the shits with a laxative in what was a pretty funny moment, but in the ring we saw a couple rookies beat themselves into a draw. Logan Dudley and Joe Dumar had a very personal and bitter feud over respect leading to Logan being paralyzed from their hardcore war a few months later! The war between Mack and Viper was peaking about this time with their first encounter at Wrestle X and one of the most controversial finishes in the history of this grand event. Watching Mack and Viper go one on one for the first time ever at Wrestle X was one of the major highlights in my career. Their bout last year was good though and this year may be better, but their first was special despite the odd stipulation, it was legendary! Chris Orton picked up a big win in his career defeating Xanthus in a barbed wire ropes match. A mystery man did give an assist to Orton, though it was not to help Orton. I believe it turned out to be Corez as those two are blood brothers to the end! The unification of the MCW Underground Title and SEF World Title occured in this main event after Whitney Marret won her first rumble. She faced Scorpion in a match where she fought not only him, but Fate as well. Whitney making Scorpion work hard despite getting screwed and a very memorable Wrestle X!

The 5th Wrestle X and a lot like the first, without IX, and technically under the flag of E F'n W! A solid show with a tag team match between four young guys making their debut on the biggest stage there is. Come to think of it, only three men on the whole card weren't making their Wrestle X debut! A lot of new faces and not bad matches, but hardly any of them here now. A result of Fate trying to kill SEF, the reason he went as far to change the name to EFW claiming it was due to copyright issues. We saw The Rocket and SVD one on one and both could work, but SVD was hit and miss. The Rocket just didn't know what to do with the talent he had! A joke was made of the women's division in another of Fate's ideas to crumble SEF and its broken barrier women like Whitney Marret, Cassie Michaels, Julie, and so many others helped break! Well history still speaks for itself, I'd like to see the womens title brought back to re establish how good both genders are, but neither here nor there. Chris Orton fought off two guys in their grand stage debuts to keep the European Title. A good triple threat match and much better than what was to follow. The Curbstomp match which was a glorified hardcore match with a stip of having to retrieve the title off the top of the tron after making a three count. It was good action, some crazy moves, but nothing to prepare us for the main event where Viper was posing as Shane Mack. It was him against Jordan Brooks then going by Gabriel and it was a Deathmatch in the Tokyo Dome! These two poured it all out and made Wrestle X a solid show, a lot like the first in that it featured new talent trying to get over with a main event of top headliners!

The Wrestle X that almost didn't happen and would air in late August! Viper still keeping up his ruse as Mack, though by this point had been working using a fake beard dueto working under his real name later in the show. Many could see it, in hindsight, but Viper is talented, a great actor. A great wrestler as well and he and Bill Roberts who made his Wrestle X debut kicked off the biggest show of the year very well. We would see three women make their debut on the grand stage this year with Tina giving a standout performance. She would go on to quite some fame as Taylor Andrews! Viper wrestling twice in one night had to deal with Hal Havoc trying to take control of SEF which would lead to Viper revealing to be Owner. Hardcore Haz and Joe Dumar started a best of seven hardcore series with a hell of a High Tower Circus Deathmatch. Joe in his debut fights a violent hardcore deathmatch against CWS. And for the first time at Wrestle X we saw a DOGG Fight for the World Title when two friends, two of Da Gangstas, battled for the World Heavyweight Title! It was an epic match, a classic DOGG Fight between The Corez Effect and Westsiders Edge as this Wrestle X ended off with a huge bang and was getting better!

The year the Hall of Fame became official, the tenth year SEF had been producing events, and number seven for this event! It was the night the real Shane Mack returned to SEF for the first time in over two years. He showed up, superkicked Viper, well actually Norm as the Viper in the ring was a damn robot Viper built. Viper would reveal to be Norm later in the year, but on this night he would compete in a DOGG Fight against Mack for the second time in Wrestle X history. In the middle of the show which they stole, it was like the first, only better in that it was no stip, no rules, just two icons colliding in a legendary match! Needless to say the opening match was an outstanding scaffolding match between Derek Helms making his debut here, and Xanthus. It was for the I-ron Title and much more as these two were embroiled in a hardcore feud! Tina making her second appearance at Wrestle X against veteran Ashley Pearson in her first appearance. The two in a feud months prior came to a head in Ashley's last match in her hometown. She went with style as these two women proved to be no joke and proved they deserve to be womens champion which would help the barrier stay broken! Mack and Viper followed the girls and as noted earlier, stole the show in the second DOGG Fight in Wrestle X history. The Resurrector and Matt Matlock had a chain match which spilled to the back and ended up with a truck doing circles and Matlock's head finding his way through the windshield! A return match between Nick Torres and Corez was the main event with Torres the challenger this time after winning the rumble. A good match following Corez's harness troubles as he entered from the rafters. A kick ass Wrestle X proving it is indeed getting better and better!

So what does all this history mean for this years Wrestle X?

We already knew the main event for the World Heavyweight Title would be Jake Voss versus Julie after Total Anarchy, but then a second main event would be added! After Shane Mack made the challenge to Viper, the match would be made, a best two of three falls match with each fall being a special stipulation! The first fall will be a Submission match, the second fall a Street Fight, and the third, if needed, a Steel Cage. And with a month to go before the biggest event of the year, who else will be added to the show!? How many new faces will appear on the grand stage of SEF and how many will use it to propel themselves to greatness?

Who will walk out the SEF World Heavyweight Champion?

Who will prove to be the greatest of all time when The Showsteala meets The Owner of SEF?

Daddy Mack

Interview With The SEF Rumble Winner

Moments after winning the Rumble, Julie was interviewed by Nick Miller in her dressing room.

Nick Miller: First of all, congratulations on your huge win, that was a great show. What was that with you and Taylor though? I thought it was about the best winning?!

Julie: And the best did win Nicky, and Taylor knows who the best is which is why she did what she did! She knows who her Queen is and soon everyone else in SEF will know that I am The Queen when I am the World Heavyweight Champion!

Nick Miller: I don't doubt you could and may be World Champ at Wrestle X. Jake Voss however has won the rumble and went on to win the title as well. He has been to the big stage and won and this time walks in World Champ with all the confidence and arrogance he can show.

Julie: He's too arrogant for his own good and come Wrestle X he will see me do the same as he did, only better, bigger! The Queen will reclaim her rightful throne on the grandest stage there is and Jake Voss, as good as he is, will have to accept being not good enough!

Nick Miller: You think Jake Voss will make it to Wrestle X?

Julie: I think Jake is good enough to not lose that title without facing someone like me in the match were heading into. I think Jake will hold on to it, but if he doesn't, I will be watching everyone because as World Champion, you have to watch them all. You watch your friends even closer than your enemies because their all contenders! Tonight you saw The Queen move past seven others and now its just one more to go before that golden championship is around this sexy waist!

Nick Miller: Think the DVF will have Jake's back the way they did tonight?

Julie: I seriously doubt it and I'll tell you why. Because Viper knows better than to screw me and Whitney would screw him over against Mack for doing so!

Nick Miller: Think Whitney may do that anyways?

Julie: I seriously doubt it!

Nick Miller: So you really believe you can't be stopped from winning at Wrestle X? Why?

Julie: Because I am at the peak of my career, The Queen is in her prime to rule the world of SEF! It wasn't Rick Reynolds carrying SEF while Mack was away, nor was it Viper keeping it alive with his very good impersonation of Mack. It was The Queen in the role of a lifetime and now back in the ring kicking ass where I should be, where I belong! This year will belong to me because no one else is going to get their grubby little hands on that World Title after Wrestle X! That title comes to its rightful champion, The Queen reclaims her throne, and you find out what dominance is all about!

Julie ending the interview there and nothing much to uncover, just a determined wrestler with the drive and skill to do what she says.

Taylor Andrews

The Rise & Fall of the MSN Network

The Rise would have to be when MSN opened the network up in the late 90's, '99 perhaps!?! SEF didn't appear until a few years later and I never used to roam the circuit much, just always looking for a place to call home. And SEF would become that home that dominated MSN outlasting every other company. When they closed their doors, we kept going making the move many others made to Aimoo, a cheap imitation of MSN! Well the place seemed to be more friendly than that big corporate MSN giant dick, it had more issues that would arise. That is why SEF went independent and has thrived ever since doing so. However, it is not the first time SEF went independent, or tried to! '07 was the year we tried to break away from MSN and may be the time that network started to decline!? We still worked with MSN is the thing and so we were producing our own shows, but had our talent doing things on MSN and it worked well for a while. I believe we made it through a Wrestle X that year and quite a while after maybe?! That was also the year SEF nearly got destroyed and through the MSN Network. Haters will hate those who are better than them! And we got a lot of haters because many can't handle being the bottomfeeders they are! That year if any other isn't, may be the fall of MSN!

However you could argue the rise of MSN didn't occur until '01, sometime in the spring when Frank E Dangerously ran wrestling programs as well as hosted an online dirt sheet. It was seedy shit, but it was good wrestling and one could argue that it was the roots to seed what SEF would become because without Mack who was a top guy in the Underground, there would be no Showstoppa's in SEF!!!

The fall though may have only occured three years later in '04, the summer maybe to try and be somewhat exact?! Drama outside the ring, behind the cameras began to overflow on camera and even in SEF it happened as we fired back shots to the bullshit we got slung our way. I thought about pulling out of MSN even then, just uprooting somewhere else, but the loyal talent we had would have been lost. We needed a following strong enough to move anywhere, or the resources to go independent which we eventually were able to do. So for three years, from '01 to'04, is when MSN peaked as the premiere network for wrestling. Three great years as I remember the IWC was a fun place, and EMW, and HWA I think!? Then SEF of course and we were on top of the rankings 6 months after opening and held that spot, not slipping out of the top three for nearly a year. And up until '04 we were always in the top five and then we began to slip because as MSN turned into mud slinging central, but we tried to escape the bullshit. We stuck to what we do best, run a wrestling show and we ran one of the best, but our rebellious ways put us at a disadvantage keeping us out of the spotlight which was taken over by people breaking character!

Its one thing to shoot on someone, but to claim your shooting when the real life your speaking of isn't true. And that is why MSN fell long before it closed, that is why there are few good promotions around, its like the days before MSN, only we now have the idiots who ruined MSN floating around! I almost like it better, matter of fact, I think I do!? These bottomfeeders are easy to deal with, though putting them in their place has no affect as they are ignorant beyond repair. Without a network like MSN to host you, you have no one to oversee you and force you to do what they want. You have the power to handle things your way and that is what SEF does now. Were still fair and give chance after chance to people who may not deserve it. Were still about complete creativity to say and do anything you want. The MSN Network wasn't too restricting, things just got out of hand and overwhelming lies ruined what was a great thing. But one can look at this entire world we live in to see the exact same has happened time and time again. Its a shame to think people can't live above their selfishness to work for the greater good which is in all our cases to have a real circuit where all promotions can compete on a fair field!

Another problem with the MSN Network was certain promoters failing to recognize other promotions on MSN simply because they were not run by someone who belonged to a circle jerk of friends they belonged to. These slimeball promoters are twice the liar of Paul E with not even a tenth of his promotional skills! They were on MSN with thousands or more of other promotions that ran just as good a place as they did, yet they wouldn't recognize the facts, these whiney, children is how they acted. They would run amuck, cry foul, even make false reports to MSN causing them extra grief they did not need. SEF was a victim of them, and they are a small part of the reason we are independent and why we are bigger and better than all of them. SEF left them behind to fail and flutter, though sometimes they get some action going in one of their promotions. SEF continues to grow stronger while all of MSN has fallen into nothing!

Daddy Mack

Daddy Mack

Total Anarchy Review

So kicking off this pay per view was the raging redneck turned calculated and cocky against a beast of a man we know as Frank Hussar, but most may know as Thor! It was a solid match between the two men and had it not ended contoversial, its hard to say if the outcome wouldn't have happened anyways. Destruction was who we all saw make sure Jake won the World Title and so I wonder when a rematch is in order!? Will the DVF get involved again if hey do have a rematch? Perhaps Frank believes that and wants no part? Or does he not like rematches considering he has never taken a rematch after losing the World Title, least not yet??!

Da Gangstas reform after turning on their CPS mates which included their girlfriends, the mothers of their children! Well at least that is the case for Troy Storms and Nick Torres who along with Xanthus and Corez made a huge turn to help the DVF and we all know why after watching Sacrifice on February 16th, 2013! Whitney Marret versus "Ms Greedy", it was a dominant win for Whitney who needs not ever prove herself to anyone!

Mack however does, but did not need to do what he did before competing in the Rumble. Viper booking Mack in an impromptu battle royal against 6 legends was a sign of being too damn dominant! Mack took the punishment and lost, then entered the rumble and survived to the very end against Julie.

Mack bested newcomers Jordan Cut and Earl rather quick earned about seven minutes of rest, not near enough. Especially after Taylor Andrews basically laid down for Julie when they met in the rumble and eliminated herself. Mack made Julie work harder than ever to win the rumble and no doubt she earned that win. Mack had a rough night perhaps, but he has been working 2-3 times a night before Viper really began to target him?! Even though Mack was screwed, he may not have won anyways, or would he have?

The show left a lot unanswered which may be answered by the time this comes out or by Wrestle X!?! Total Anarchy lived up to its name and lived up all the hype for the rumble. It kicked off the war torn road to Wrestle X very well!

Daddy Mack

NBD

The Informer's Rant #4

Back again for another tell all how it is and if they don't like it, fuck it, for it is I, the Informer!
So what do we have going on in SEF today?

3 World Titles surfacing and what about the Franchise Title? Shouldn't Matlock get his revenge soon and why the fuck aren't Da Gangstas beating down these no show jones'?

Did anyone see the gibberish passed around for promos lately? Then there is Jordan Cut, a literal genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cut may end up being topped by the end of the year?!? But who may be the one to do it is where the real intrique is at??? And what is with the card for Wrestle X? Is there really going to be 3 main events this year? And what about a new title? A fans choice title???

The Rise and Fall of MSN is being talked about in this magazine and I, the Informer, was not asked to weigh my thoughts on it, so here we go.

MSN never rose, it existed as a community of wrestling fanatics who thought they had what it took to be a pro wrestler and failed! The fall would have to be when they realized they sucked and everyone left, well, everyone good that is! Although there may be a new MSN Network in the works by 2016????

Word has it Jake Voss may be on his last warning with management and come Wrestle X, if he can't take out The Queen, Jake may be taken out!?

Shane Mack may be on the outs whether winning or losing at Wrestle X as sources say he may not like the roster's lack of drive!?

Oh, and Julie may not get her dominant run as World Champ due to personal issues that may take her away from the ring. Apparently she has enemies who would not like it if she continued to appear on TV!?

The WAR may soon end and evolve into something grander, something showstealing even??

And if the Ownership of SEF doesn't change hands, I don't know the latest gossip going around the rumor mill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And until next time, it has been I, the Informer, bringing you the dirtiest dirt you'll ever find!!!!!

If you would like to affiliate with us we have this logo
SEF