sponsorwarsponsorsign upsponsorrostersponsoraboutsponsorfaqsponsorSEF TVsponsor SiteLock

universalix titlewomens evolutionus tag teamUnderground Titleinternationalfranchise title
sew womensicon6 star tag teamtv titlethc titlextreme titleworld tag team titlesustitan title
sewwar titlewar womenswar tv titlewar womens tvwar tag teamworldwomens tag team24/7

Shane Taylor: If The Winners Of The AEW Trios Tournament Want To Face STP, We're

Started by Liz, September 01, 2022, 09:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liz

Shane Taylor says that AEW's tournament to crown trios champions is missing the best three-man unit in professional wrestling, and he'd be happy to face the winners.
Taylor, Kaun, Moses, and O'Shay Edwards, his stablemates in Shane Taylor Promotions, held the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship for nearly 300 days before they lost the gold at ROH Final Battle 2021. Since then, Taylor has been competing on the independent scene, and fans continue to rally around STP.
Speaking with Jofo In The Ring, Taylor was asked to share his thoughts on the AEW World Trios Championship Tournament. He brought up his interest in facing the Young Bucks, which he has previously stated on multiple occasions and noted that there's plenty of buzz for STP on social media.
"Listen, man. You know, I saw when they announced the tournament and social media, they do what they do, and it was, 'STP, STP, y'all should be in the tournament.' We we're like alright, you know what I'm saying? We'll wait and see. I remember, during our run, the Young Bucks put in their bio, 'Bring us those trios titles.' I remember that, and I told them then, and I've said it on multiple things, any time the Bucks wanna get in the ring with STP, we're not hard men to get a hold of," Taylor said.
He continued by noting that Shane Taylor Promotions elevated the six-man titles in ROH, and he wanted to go around the world collecting more gold to prove that they were the best trio on the planet. As for the tournament in AEW, he wished everyone luck and emphasized that STP is ready to face anyone who may come calling.
"I believe that the trios titles were forgotten about for a while in ROH, and I believe that myself, Kaun, Moses, O'Shay, Ron, we were able to bring a level of prestige back to those, make those matches fun, make them entertaining, make them must-see. I actually had a goal of going to different countries and collecting a bunch of trios [titles], whether we went to Mexico or Japan, you know, the NEVER Openweight Titles there, and just going around collecting six-man gold and going okay, we are the best trio in the entire world. Then a situation like this would be dope. But yeah, we will see who the winner of the tournament is. Good luck to everybody involved. Obviously, we're gonna be biased. The best trio on the planet is not in that tournament, so everybody is kinda fighting to be second place. But I hope that they go out there and put on an incredible show, and we'll see what happens. If anybody wants it with the crew, they want it with the baddest, again, we are not hard to find," he said.
Kaun recently signed with AEW/ROH, and he has competed on AEW Rampage. Meanwhile, Taylor and Moses remain free agents.
Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks defeated Will Ospreay and Aussie Open to advance to the finals on the August 31 episode of AEW Dynamite. On the September 2 episode of AEW Rampage, Hangman Page, John Silver and Alex Reynolds will face Orange Cassidy and the Best Friends to determine The Elite's opponent in the finals. More information is available here.
Taylor recently commented on how his free agency is a waiting game. You can read what he had to say by clicking here.

If you would like to affiliate with us we have this logo
SEF